Beacon Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beacon Village

Home of the premier village of the City of Islands Minecraft server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Exception] LRR Embassy Height

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

[Exception] LRR Embassy Height Empty
PostSubject: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 am

The plans of the new LRR embassy on the large lot north of the dam call for a height of 21 blocks. The building will be constructed in cobble and glass from what I understand. They are requesting a height exception to the 21 block design. We need a simple majority for this to pass.
Back to top Go down
DuoNoxSol

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:10 pm

I vote Yes with two conditions. One is that 25% of the outside of the embassy (about) is made from smooth stone, rather than cobble, unless the design is not box-like. This post will be edited once I see the plan for it.

The second condition is that the embassy provide a suitable sum of gold or iron - I propose 14 iron or 2 gold - to cover what amounts to the second lot of space it takes up in height.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:49 pm

I haven't seen the plan either, but I agree with the smooth stone requirement. Very few structures in Beacon use cobble, so the embassy would not be in keeping with the rest of the town's theme.

I also agree with the payment requirement. LRR should easily be able to afford to pay for the additional sky access with its mining activities.
Back to top Go down
Fugi

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Internal discussion has been going on in the LRR forums, and we are reconsidering the design to reduce the height and remove the cobble. We understand that the appeal of Beacon Village requires a uniform standard of appearance for all houses, and despite the isolated nature of the embassy this standard must be upheld.

We shall let you know as soon as we have finished the design modifications.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard

Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 pm

The building is already being adjusted to follow the smooth stone condition, so that isn't going to be a problem.

As Fugi said we are discussing things internally, but personally I'm going to push for maintaining the present height and the fee can be paid.

~V
Back to top Go down
Master Gunner

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Just so you're aware of some of the changes in plans, here's some of the changes we've agreed upon that should hopefully make the embassy fit better into the Beacon skyline.

Only a section of the lobby will extend to the 21-block height, the rest will drop down to about 13 blocks (5 blocks for the lobby level, and 4 for each of the two office levels). The lobby section will be largely grass.

The exterior walls will be made out of smooth stone, glass, and half steps.

We will do our best to add some green-space and water features to our area, both inside and outside, to compliment the natural beauty of the Beacon area.

If you have any further concerns or comments, we'll be more than happy to address them.
Back to top Go down
Vanguard

Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Speaking of green space (thanks for reminding me, Gunner) our cottage in the area will be redundant when the embassy is done, so I had the idea that we could level it and landscape the area a bit to make a small municipal park outside.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Master Gunner

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Looks like I miscounted, as Vanguard is doing double-floors, outside of the lobby will be 15 blocks high instead of 13. Hopefully this won't pose any problems.
Back to top Go down
chad_stumph
Admin
chad_stumph

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Building is finished and looks good. I think it might be the largest in Beacon.
Back to top Go down
furaiz

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:32 pm

chad_stumph wrote:
Building is finished and looks good. I think it might be the largest in Beacon.

'think'?

It definitely is Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Exception] LRR Embassy Height   [Exception] LRR Embassy Height Empty

Back to top Go down

[Exception] LRR Embassy Height
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beacon Village :: Village Hall :: Village Council-
Jump to: